Lantosque canyons via ferrata (Alpes-Maritimes)
from 50 € / p. from 4 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
CLOSED! This via ferrata was destroyed by tempest Alex.
Scheduled to open in 2022.
Come and discover the most beautiful via ferrata of the Alpes Maritimes and one of the most beautiful of France!
Located in the hinterland of Nice, the via ferrata of the Lantosque canyons starts and finishes in the magnificent mountain village of the same name. The itinerary, with a progressive difficulty, makes you discover an exceptional environment: first the Riou de Lantosque canyon with its gorges and its waterfall, then the Vésubie gorges with a tropical atmosphere. No worry about excessive temperature, even in summer, because here it is always cool. The course is well adapted to beginners and to discover the activity, and it is very playful with its beams, its suspended footbridges, its cable bridges and its impressive final zip line which crosses the gorges.
The via ferrata of the Lantosque canyons is composed of three parts separated by two escape routes:
- Les étroits du Riou (easy):
The first part is deep in the gorges, very easy and not very high to get into the atmosphere gently. Alternation of wooden beams, footbridges and bars on a mossy rock face, the whole above the torrent with its green and transparent water.
- La roche suspendue (The hanging rock) (somewhat difficult):
The second part takes you progressively higher, over a footbridge and longer cable bridges. You pass over the magnificent final waterfall of the Riou de Lantosque before reaching a huge sandstone block stuck across the Vésubie gorges.
- The gorges of the Vésubie (difficult) :
The third and last part offers you even more sensations. After a few cable bridges and a nice point of view on an old aqueduct, it is time to climb a long vertical part (the cliff of the Rivet) which leads you to the top of the gorges. You then have to cross them one last time to get back to the village, either by a long and very impressive 100 meters long himalayan footbridge, or by an exceptional 100 meters long zip line. There is also an escape route, which requires a twenty minute walk to reach Lantosque.
If you like vertical activities with sensations, why not go to the nearby canyon of Bollène? You will also enjoy amazing landscapes.
- Meet in the village of Lantosque, about an hour's drive from Nice and 20 minutes from Saint-Martin-de-Vésubie.
- Five minutes of approach walking to reach the start of the via.
- About 2 to 3 hours of activity for the via ferrata.
- Five minutes of return walking back to the car park.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Technical equipment necessary for the practice of the activity: harness, helmet, pulley, via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber.
- Fees of the via ferrata (8€).
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting place in Lantosque.
- Drinks and snacks (bring a small backpack with a bottle of water and some snacks).
- Appropriate clothing and shoes.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking