Malzieu-Ville via ferrata (Lozère)
from 37 € / p. from 3 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
In the Lozère department, in the heart of magnificient Truyère gorges, the via ferrata of Malzieu-Ville offers two distinct itinaries in a bucolic environement: we are here in the land of Margeride and in the Gévaudan country. Past the village of Malzieu, the Truyère river has tirelessly carved out wild gorges with granite walls up to 100 metres high.
Between climbing and hiking, you will progress during this via ferrata on vertiginous passages while being perfectly secured on a cable and by helping you with various elements of progression such as bars, steps, cables, bridges, zip lines... Equipped with a harness, a helmet, a pulley and via ferrata lanyards, you will cross the obstacles to discover unique views, accompanied by the sound of the torrent.
The route can be adapted to the level of each person: the easy itinerary wanders through the cliff to find the least physical passages while the difficult itinerary exploits overhanging areas!
For your information, and this is rare enough to be noted, part of the via ferrata is accessible to blind or partially sighted people.
- The appointment is set at the car park of the Malzieu-Ville via ferrata.
- After a short walk (about 5 minutes) you will arrive at the departure of the via ferrata.
- The route separates twice and you will find a 60 meters long zip line at the end.
- After the route, a 10-minute walk will take you back to the car park.
- Total duration of the activity: about 3 hours.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Specific gear for via ferrata (harness, pulley, helmet and via ferrata lanyard) which is recent and regularly checked and compliant with the requirements of French and European standards.
Normal price: 40€/person.
Discount price (for groups of 4 people and more): 37€/person.
The price does not include
- Transport (contact me for special request).
- Food and drinks.
- Civil liability and personal accident insurance for climbing and associated disciplines (if you are not already covered for these activities by your insurance, you can take out additional insurance with the FFME, FFCAM, etc.).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
Come equiped: sport shoes, small backpack, water, possibly gloves. Depending on the weather: rain jacket, sunscreen...
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking