Malzieu-Ville via ferrata (Lozère)
Duration : ½ day
France, Massif Central
Level : from beginner to confirmed
from 40 € / p. from 3 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
In the Lozère department, in the heart of magnificient Truyère gorges, the via ferrata of Malzieu-Ville offers two distinct itinaries in a bucolic environement: we are here in the land of Margeride and in the Gévaudan country. Past the village of Malzieu, the Truyère river has tirelessly carved out wild gorges with granite walls up to 100 meters high.
Between climbing and hiking, you will progress during this via ferrata on vertiginous passages while being perfectly secured on a cable and by helping you with various elements of progression such as bars, steps, cables, bridges, zip-line... Equipped with a harness, a helmet, a pulley and via ferrata lanyards, you will cross the obstacles to discover unique views, accompanied by the sound of the torrent.
After a first horizontal initiation part without any major difficulty and a short walk, the via ferrata begins. On the first vertical section you can choose between two routes with different difficulties. An escape route is even possible in case of great difficulty. The two options then join together to offer a very nice common route with several workshops (monkey bridge, footbridge, Nepalese bridge). After that, the itinerary can again be adapted to the level of each one: the easy route wanders through the cliff to find the less physical passages while the difficult course exploits overhanging zones! The common final is a 50 meter long zip-line which is not mandatory but it would be a shame to miss it.
For your information, and this is rare enough to be noted, part of the via ferrata is accessible to blind or partially sighted people.
Please come equipped: sneakers, small backpack, water, possibly gloves. And depending on the weather: rain jacket, sun cream, etc.
If you enjoy this experience, why not visit the other via ferrata in Lozère nearby:
- The via ferrata of Mende Cœur de Lozère and its zip lines.
- The via ferrata of Roqueprins in La Canourgue, particularly vertiginous.
- The via ferrata of Rochefort in Florac, extremely difficult and impressive.
- The appointment is set at the car park of the Malzieu-Ville via ferrata.
- After a short walk (about 5 minutes) you will arrive at the departure of the via ferrata.
- The route takes about 2 to 3 hours.
- After the route, a 10-minute walk will take you back to the car park.
- Total duration of the activity: about 3 hours.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Specific gear for via ferrata (harness, pulley, helmet and via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber) which is recent, regularly checked and compliant with the requirements of French and European standards.
Standard rate: 40€/person.
Discount rate (for groups of 4 people and more): 37€/person.
The price does not include
- Transport (contact me for special request).
- Picnic lunch and drinks.
- Civil liability and personal accident insurance for climbing and associated disciplines (if you are not already covered for these activities by your insurance, you can take out additional insurance with the FFME, FFCAM, etc.).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking