Crolles via ferrata: "Vire des lavandières" intermediate
from 50 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Important: the via ferrata of Crolles is closed until further notice.
Located in Saint-Hilaire-du-Touvet in Isère and in the Chartreuse massif, the via ferrata of the "vire des lavandières" overlooks the town of Crolles and the Grésivaudan valley.
This via ferrata is an initiation course very adapted for a group of children or for beginners. The whole course is nevertheless complete and vertiginous.
The departure is made from the arrival station of the funicular which allows the paragliders to go up on the takeoff area of Saint-Hilaire-de-Touvet. After half an hour of descent on a path, you are at the start of the via. The route starts with the "belvedere pillar", a succession of vertical walls that allow you to quickly gain height and enjoy a magnificent panorama of the Belledonne massif on the other side of the valley. You arrive then on the big "vire des lavandières", at the level of the waterfall. You go around it to follow the ledge to the right, without difficulty but with a very vertiginous atmosphere. An ascending traverse always to the right with short overhangs allows you to find the way back to the parking.
- Meeting point in Saint-Hilaire-du-Touvet, about 30 minutes drive from Grenoble or Chambéry.
- 25 minutes walk to reach the start of the via.
- About 2 hours to climb the via ferrata.
- 5 minutes walk back to the parking lot.
- Positive difference in altitude : 300 meters.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment necessary to the practice of the activity: harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absborber, helmet, quickdraws, rope.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Saint-Hilaire-du-Touvet.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking