"Le Rocher de l'Envers" via ferrata (Chartreuse)
from 50 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
The "Rocher de l'Envers" via ferrata in Saint-Vincent-de-Mercuze is located along the Alloix waterfall in the Chartreuse massif. It consists of a long crossing which passes above the river. The itinerary is magnificent, above clear waters and sublime waterfalls.
The course has been specially equipped so that children can reach the bars. It is ideal for communities. The whole course is easy and can be done in about two hours and a half. The difficulty of the course increases progressively, allowing participants to get used to the techniques of the via ferrata and to the height.
The itinerary starts with an ascending traverse to the left, then descends to the level of the stream, that you cross on a beam. It continues on a log ladder laid on the ground that leads to a long section crossing upwards on the right bank of the torrent to the footbridge of the "cascade oubliée" (forgotten waterfall). The route continues, still crossing upwards with many platforms until the "vire du pêcheur" (fisherman's ledge), at the end of which some steps and bars lead to the return path. In this final part, you can admire the view on the Grésivaudan valley and on the mountains of the Belledonne massif which extends just in front of you.
If you are looking for other vertical via ferrata adventures, the Chartreuse massif has many itineraries that you will love:
- the Prises de la Bastille in Grenoble,
- the Roc de Cornillon in Bourdeau,
- the nearby "Vires des lavandières" integral route or the intermediate one and the Grand Dièdre above Crolles,
- Roche Veyrand full route (also possible in discovery mode) above Saint-Pierre-d'Entremont.
- Meeting point in Saint-Vincent-de-Mercuze in the Grésivaudan valley, 30 minutes drive from Grenoble or Chambéry.
- 40 minutes of approach walking to reach the start of the via ferrata.
- Approximately one hour and a half to climb the via ferrata.
- 45 minutes walk back to go to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment necessary to the practice of the activity: harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absborber, helmet, quickdraws, rope.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Saint-Vincent-de-Mercuze.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking