Discovery of the Caruso Method in climbing (Haute-Savoie)
from 60 € / p. from 1 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Paolo Caruso, climber, mountaineer and mountain guide, has been developing his own learning method since the 1980s. Based on his personal experience, his knowledge of Tai Chi, Qi Qong and the laws of balance, he has been able to invent a pedagogy to "relearn" the right movement. The one that is natural for everyone, when we are children. And which, with age, is transformed by experiences, fears, emotions and beliefs. With what we live, but also with what we see, hear, what we are told and what we are taught.
Often we believe we are doing the right thing. And yet, in many situations, we unconsciously put in place methods of movement that are costly in energy, tiring when repeated many times, and which can create injuries because they do not respect the natural movement of the body. The Caruso Method allows us to return to this simple, natural and effective gesture which then generates the beautiful gesture. The one that is spontaneous, balanced and in harmony.
The teaching of the Caruso Method is based on the transmission of different types of progression specific to all types of movement:
- The crossover.
- The fundamental progression.
- The triangle progression.
These techniques are based on fundamentals that it is often necessary to reappropriate for us Westerners:
- The breath, used wisely and consciously, adjusted to the rhythm of the movement, or the pause.
- Centering, defined as Hara in the Japanese tradition. Where the Force, the Chi, resides. Where balance is born.
- Tension in relaxation, in the same way as yoga practitioners stipulate.
- The full awareness of the gesture.
- The progressive abandonment of the excessive ego.
The Caruso Method, through a teaching inspired by Maieutics - which consists in making the student's dormant resources emerge - offers to learn the different types of progression mentioned above. To integrate them little by little, to replace thanks to them the automatisms that we have unconsciously put in place. Once these have become the new modes of locomotion, then the technique fades away and movement, like climbing, becomes innate, spontaneous, but driven by a fair and balanced motor coordination.
In September 2020, I completed the training to become the 1st French instructor of the Caruso Method, and since then I have had great pleasure in sharing this tool that brings us back to our centre, to ourselves. And which engenders a deep sense of inner joy, going far beyond the search for performance, even if it is a natural consequence of learning the Caruso Method.
- Through a didactic approach, I offer you a day to approach climbing movement with a completely different perspective!
- Timetable: from 10am to 3pm.
- Location: the day takes place in Haute-Savoie, near Annecy. Contact me for more details.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Teaching in climbing of the Caruso Method.
The price does not include
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking