Local walk: goat's cheese (North Luberon)
from 45 € / p. from 4 to 15 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you a local hike starting from the village of Banon, in the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, with the theme of goat cheese.
The goat is, with the sheep and the cow, at the heart of the daily life of men everywhere in the world for thousands of years. The profession of goatherd dates back some 12,000 years to the Neolithic period, when goats were domesticated.
It is the history of this animal and of goat cheese that I suggest you discover along this preserved, wild and relatively shady route in the north of the Luberon.
You will walk to the Grands Valas farm of Brunelle and P'tit Ju, goat farmers and producers of goat cheese. They will tell us the secrets of their trade, as well as the secrets of making the delicious cheeses that we will be sure to taste during the picnic at the farm.
- Meeting point at 7am on the Place de la République in Banon, in front of the fountain.
- Walk to meet the goatherds and their breeding, to discover their job.
- Approximately 4 to 4.5 hours of walking on forest roads and stony paths.
- Positive altitude difference: 300 meters, negative altitude difference: 400 meters.
- Lunch consisting solely of local and organic products and tasting of goat's cheese production.
- Return to Banon by vehicle around 2pm.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Visit to the farm.
- Lunch with local products and cheese from the farm.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point in Banon.
- Your possible purchases of local products at the farm.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking