Sunset hike on the Lure mountain (North Luberon)
from 45 € / p. from 4 to 15 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you to spend a end of day like no other in the north of the Luberon, the time of a hike towards the mountain of Lure, to admire, from its summit, the sunset.
In the heart of the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence and the Forcalquier region, the Montagne de Lure is a splendid citadel overlooking the Durance valley. It represents one of the gateways to the Alps. "Little sister" of the famous Mont Ventoux, it offers magnificent panoramas on the foothills of Provence, as well as a rich and preserved terrain.
We will walk from the resort of Lure through magnificent beech and pine forests, before reaching an open ridge. We will then abandon ourselves to the contemplation of a 360 degree view, for an intimate and quiet moment.
There, we will have picnic dinner from our backpack, waiting for a sunset that we hope unforgettable.
The return to civilisation will take place under the starry sky with the light of headlamps, back to the resort.
A good physical condition is necessary to participate in this outing which is nevertheless accessible to anyone able to walk quietly and in varied terrain.
If you prefer, this hike towards the mountain of Lure is also proposed during the day.
- Meeting point at the car park of the Lure resort at 5pm.
- Hiking following a varied itinerary "in a loop" allowing an in-depth discovery of the mountain of Lure and its fauna.
- Picnic dinner and observation of the sunset from the summit.
- Return to the station under the starry sky with headlamp.
- Total duration of the outing: approximately 5.5 hours (3.5 hours of walking on forest roads and stony paths).
- Possitive and negativ difference in altitude: 300 meters.
- Return to the cars around 10pm / 10.30pm.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Loan of the headlamps.
- A drink (made with local products).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting place.
- Picnic dinner.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking