Hiking in the Oppedette gorges (North Luberon)
from 20 € / p. from 2 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
In the heart of the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, I propose you to discover the spectacular canyon of the Oppedette gorges.
Lost below the old village of Oppedette and accessible by hiking, this canyon offers you a fantastic immersion in the heart of nature, in rocks dug by the runoff of water, to find the freshness of the Cavalon river which has been crossing these gorges for thousands of years.
A real sabre cut in the limestone plateau of the Luberon, these are deep gorges at the bottom of which flows a small river. We will complete this hike with a visit to the village perched on its rock and we will return via a ridge path that will offer a magnificent panorama.
- Meet at 8am at the gorge car park, above the village of Oppedette.
- About 3 hours of walking on stony paths with ladders and handrails to reach the bottom of the gorge.
- Positive and negative altitude differences: 300 metres.
- This is a pleasant, little-used route in a wild setting.
- Return to the car park at the end of the morning.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- A local snack.
The price does not include
- Return transport to the place of meeting.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking