"Rochefort" via ferrata (Florac, Lozère)
from 50 € / p. from 3 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
It's hard not to be impressed by the Rochefort via ferrata located above the village of Florac and on the cornices of Causses Mejean.
Dizzy, dizzy and more dizzy! You will arrive at the start of the via ferrata by taking one part of the trail that will lead you over rock formations of a hundred meters high and that will serve as a support for the course. The void will be omnipresent, especially if we choose the difficulty.
Arms, arms and more arms! Even on the common part, the route requires a good physical condition. Different tips will allow you to spend less effort. The difficult route even offers an extremely difficult section in a very overhanging wall at the end. One of the hardest via ferrata in France.
Including the vultures and the surroundings...
One-day via ferrata. The appointment is usually set at 10am at the car park.
From the Pierre Plate pass car park, we will take a path along the ledges for 1/2h with a splendid view between the Causse Mejean and Mont Lozère.
The course can then be divided into three parts:
- The departure: Sporty departure on a few meters then easier then you choose the D grade route. A big footbridge allows us to reach the continuation.
- Ron de Picar: The difficult route allows long aerial crossings while the easy route makes it possible to arrive at the start of the zip line with less effort.
Here we can stop and picnic comfortably above the via ferrata.
- Rochefort Pillar: we continue this via ferrata with the zip line then we cross the pillar of Rochefort on a ledge until half height to choose between 3 difficulties: the ED course with the famous sporty overhang, the less steep TD, or the D one taking an easier canyon.
Finally, abseiling can be considered at the end of the route.
The return walk brings us back to the car park in 30 minutes.
It takes between 5 and 6 hours of activity for the complete route including abseiling.
The price includes
- Supervision by the rock climbing instructor
- Loan of equipment (helmet, harness, via ferrata's lanyards)
- Normal price: 60€ / person
- Discount price (for groups of 4 people and more): 50€ / person
The price does not include
- Food and drinks
- Come equipped: sneakers, small backpack, water, possibly gloves. Depending on the weather: k-way, sunscreen, ...
No scheduled departure, bu you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking